The photo album module allows you to upload photos into the albums you create, so your visitors can view thumbnail images first and then click on these to view the larger sized photo. All photos must be in the standard "jpg” format.
NOTE: To make use of these albums effectively you must first resize your photos to display properly on computer monitors. Digital cameras save photos that are suitable for printing but are often too large for displaying on a screen. There are many photo software packages available which allow you to resize your photos to be "web friendly”. We can recommend some if you do not already have one. As a general guideline, ensure your photo resolution is 72 dpi (this is the default for most camera) and not more than 1000 px wide.
View a demo >>
Creating a Photo Album
- Select Modules.
- On the left navigation select "Photo Album".
- Select "Add photo album" option.
- Provide a name for the new album.
- (Optional) Type a description for your album using the SiteApex editor.
- By default the album is active (meaning it will be usable on your website). Selecting "No" will mean you can still edit this album in the SiteApex admin but will not be viewable on the front-end of the website.
- (Optional) You can insert a background image. This will display behind each thumbnail when viewing the entire album. ****Background not applicable to the alternative view. Right click on the link and select 'Save As' to Download free dropshadow background.
- Select Submit to create the album.
Adding a Photo to a Photo Album
- Log into SiteApex admin and click on Modules in the top navigation.
- Click on "Photo Album".
- Click on "Add files" on the right navigation.
- Choose the Album you want the pictures to be in, give the image a name, give a description if desired, and click on "Browse" to upload the picture.
- Selecting "Yes" for "Keep original size for enlarged view" will mean you want to keep the image the same size you have uploaded it for full viewing. "No" will mean the Photo album module will decrease the size of the image to a smaller default size.
* This is to help with loading times for the image and so that the image box does not crowd the viewers computer screen to much.
- You can upload multiple pictures on that page. Once completed hit submit on the bottom to upload the pictures into that album.
Setting up a Photo Album Page
- Create a Photo Album.
- In the SiteMap, add a page which will contain the Calendar Manager module. In the Modules tab under "Type of Page”, select "Photo Album" to allow the module to be added to that page.
- Click Submit, the next page will now display a list of photo albums that you have created.
- Choose an album by clicking on it, to select multiple album hold CTRL on your keyboard and click on the albums you want to be accessible on that photo album page.
- Click Submit and then Publish your website.
Changing an album on an existing Photo Album page
- Go to your SiteMap and click on the page you want to change the album on.
- Click "Edit” on the top-right navigation.
- Go to the Modules tab and you will see a list of photo albums. Select the album you want to see on this page. Remember holding CTRL key on your keyboard will allow you to select and deselect multiple albums.
- Submit the page and publish the website for the changes to take effect.