You can add security to any web page in your SiteApex system. The security system will require users to log in before they can view the content on that particular page. Access to secure pages is assigned by Security Group. For more details on setting up a Security Group, visit the Security Group page.
Security can be added to a page at any time.
- In the Site Map area of the admin, click on the page you want to make secure and click "Edit" in the top right.
- Click on the "Security" tab to edit the security settings for the page you are editing.
- Mark "Make this page secure" to "Yes".
- Select one or more groups of users who will be allowed to log in.
- If you would like to give your visitors the option of signing up as a secure user, you can use the "User Sign-up Link" to direct them to a page with a sign-up form.
- Press [submit] to save your changes.
- Publish the Site to make the changes live.
Note: If you are logged in to the back end and you make the administrators one of the groups that can access the secure page, it will automatically log you in. You will need to test with a different browser or log out of the back end before testing your new secure page.