- Click on Add Article in the top right menu
- You will be given a blank form page to create your article
- You can select which news feed the article should be created in from the dropdown
- Each article should have a title
- Subtitle and author are optional
- Use the editor to create your story, add images and links, etc. just like you would on a normal page
- When you have finished, press [submit] at the bottom to create your article
There are other more advanced options available for news articles.
Display Posted Date
- You can choose whether or not to show people when the article was posted
- You can also change the posted date
- Articles will display by posted date with the most recent first
- Each News Feed can have 1 featured story
- Featured stories display in the one article plugin if your site uses it
- Featured stories are also displayed on the news page with links to the other articles beside
- If no feature article is selected, the news page will show the most recent article first
- Selecting an article as a featured article gives you the opportunity to upload a photo which will display in the one article plugin or on the news page with the intro to the story. This featured photo will not display in the full story.
- Allows you to add a link to an outside website at the bottom of the article
- Hyperlink Title is the title of the link that viewers will see
- URL is the website link.
- You can set a start date for your article in the future and it will not display on the website until that date
- You can set an end date for the article and it will disappear from the site on that date
- Expired articles will still appear in the News Manager admin
- If your site has a mini feed on it, new articles will be added by default
- You can remove an article from the mini feed by changing this option to "no"
RSS Link: See RSS documentation
Editing an Article
- Click on List Articles in the top right menu
- Click  beside the article you want to edit
- Update the information boxes as required
- Press [submit] to save your changes